Update of packages by non-maintainer

Yasuhiro KIMURA yasu@utahime.org
Wed Jun 3 05:31:56 GMT 2020

From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@Nexgo.DE>
Subject: Re: Update of packages by non-maintainer
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 11:59:01 +0200

>> In my case following line should be put as override.hint. Right?

>> curr: 0.4-1

> You would probably also need a "replace-versions:" line.  I'd tend to
> use the "version:" line to override the upstream version number to
> something that sorts correctly with the previous version number in
> this case, though.  Something as simple as "deb+0.4" might already do
> that.

I put this override.hint to my overlay package server directory and
ran mksetupini. But it resulted in error that mksetupini don't know
"cur:". So I changed override.hint as following.

replace-versions: 9100h-2

Then again I put it to the direcotry and ran mksetupini. This time it
succeeded without any error. But when I run setup-x86_64, anthy
packages didn't appear in Pending view.

So I gave up to use override.hint and decided to change version number
to "9100h+0.4". It works fine with all of cygport, mksetupini and
setup-x86_64.

---
Yasuhiro KIMURA