cygport install infinite loop in src_postinstall under __prep_libtool_modules

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Jul 5 05:27:07 GMT 2020

Brian Inglis writes:
> until readlink returns root and just keeps on going, possibly because my Cygwin
> home is a symlink to my Windows home, but this approach would have problems with
> any symlinks along the path to the cygport dir, as $D is not similarly resolved.

Don't do this, at least unless you are never ever using any software
that might also use the same dot-files as Cygwin.  Keep your Cygwin home
separate (@work I've made it a subdirectory in my user profile) and use
/etc/fstab.d/user or /etc/nsswicth.conf to make Cygwin mount it.

Regards,
Achim.