[ITP] cpuid

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 06:25:00 GMT 2020

Am 22.02.2020 um 05:49 schrieb Brian Inglis:
> I would like to offer to package cpuid:
>
> 	dumps CPUID information about the CPU(s)
>
> The program dumps detailed information about the CPU(s) gathered from
> the CPUID instruction, and also determines the exact model of CPU(s).
>
> Whereas /proc/cpuinfo is like an abstract of the features important to
> Linux in a system, cpuid is a standalone utility which writes a paper
> expounding on every feature in each CPU's architecture and what it can
> do, at about the one line per bit level.

build fine, but while cpuid produces an output
cpuinfo2cpuid seems stack waiting for some inputs

any suggestion ?

In addition the cpu count 16 is baffling as i5-8250 is a 4+4 CPU

CPU 7:
       cpu count                      = 0x10 (16)
       0xff: cache data is in CPUID leaf 4
       index of CPU's row in feedback struct   = 0x0 (0)
    brand = "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz"
       number of CPU cores                 = 0x1 (1)