[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: perl-5.30.1-1 and Perl distributions

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 20:34:00 GMT 2020

moving to Apps.

Am 16.02.2020 um 21:32 schrieb Achim Gratz:

> Perl 5.30.1-1 is now available on Cygwin, replacing perl-5.26.3-2.  Most
> Perl distributions and dependent packages have been either re-released
> or updated in conjunction with this update, for exceptions please refer
> to the list below.
>
> Release notes:
> https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.30.1
>

> Note
> ====
>
> Since Cygwin skipped the 5.28 releases of Perl, also check the release
> notes for that version in order to check for any user-visible changes.
>

> Attention
> =========
>
> The following packages depend on Perl and have not yet been updated to
> use the new Perl version.  If you rely on these, please wait for the
> upgrade announcement by the respective maintainer as these may have
> degraded functionality or even stop working after Perl has updated:

I think we need to double check this list.

I do not see the vim dependency, Ken the one on texinfo
and xfconf seems to not have any dependency from Perl
also

$ cygcheck-dep -S -R xfconf
# /usr/bin/cygcheck-dep:

  xfconf: recursively requires ( cygwin desktop-file-utils gamin
gsettings-desktop-schemas libdbus-glib_1_2 libdbus1_3 libfam0 libffi6
libglib2.0_0 libiconv2 libintl8 liblzma5 libncursesw10 libpcre1
libreadline7 libxfce4util-common libxfce4util7 libxfconf0_2 libxml2
shared-mime-info terminfo terminfo-extra tzdata xfconfd zlib0 )

I uploaded a tracking sheet if someone want to help in the cross check

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lLHtukQJdI479sx6pYJ5nk7Jnl8fwT4R1pBqaSwazS4/edit?usp=sharing

Regards
Marco