[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1 -- prepare for release

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Feb 3 20:11:00 GMT 2020

I have done another update of my private Perl repository over the
weekend.  While not all maintainers will immediately be ready with their
updates due to external circumstances, I'd like to release the new Perl
version at the end of this week or maybe over the weekend.

In preparation of the release, please follow the instructions below to
upload the packages (re-)created with the new Perl version to the Cygwin
server.  Please be reminded that the new packages should not be "test"
versions so that setup.exe will offer them automatically when they are
distributed to the mirrors.

1. Please do not place the !ready cookie file!  When uploading via
cygport that means using the command "upload-stage" rather than
"upload".  This will ensure that all packages of the update get release
at the same time and that existing installations can be switched over to
the new Perl in a single update transaction.

2. Instead, please put a zero-size !perl cookie file (preferrably at the
package level).  You can either create that file manually (lftp: put
/dev/null -o pkgname/!perl) or touch that file into
pkgname/dist/pkgname/ before commanding cygport to do "upload-stage".

3. Please respond to this mail when you've done the above so that we can
keep track of what is staged in the upload area.

If any of the above is unclear or you want assistance of any sort,
please ask.

Regards,
Achim.