[RFE] calm needs to know about ZStandard compressed archives

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Dec 31 15:25:40 GMT 2020

On 25/12/2020 19:59, Achim Gratz wrote:

> While waiting for the Perl bootstrap I've been experimenting with having
> cygport produce .tar.zst packages.  Calm (mksetupini) does not recognize
> these at the moment, but I've been able to monkey-patch it by adding
> '|zst' in the obvious places.  Can this be done officially, please?  I
> can't help noting that these really shouldn't be literal strings so that
> you only need to change them in a single place if necessary; so perhaps
> common_constants.py would be a good place for that definition.

Yeah, this list should be done in a less ad-hoc way.

This isn't totally straightforward as calm uses the python tar module to
validate the upload archives, but that doesn't (yet) support zstd
compression.