cygport: Request a new feature in order to set owner/group names in packaged tarballs.

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 20:34:50 GMT 2020

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 15:46:13 +0200, Thomas Wolff
> Am 04.08.2020 um 14:54 schrieb Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps:
> > Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 21:24:11 +0200
> > From: Achim Gratz

> >> Cygport patches should better go to cygwin-apps.  I've already sent a
> >> patch that allows you to do the same thing some time ago, but it has
> >> not been reviewed yet.
> >>
> >> https://repo.or.cz/cygport/rpm-style.git/commitdiff/c6af2ca23aae5da3e99c70cf2b704430b929f431
> >>
> > Nice.
> >
> > Then, how about a commit following yours.
> It is much less than obvious in that older patch that you can trick the owner/group information into that option.
> I'd appreciate a simple explicit option for that.

All right.

I've simplified options to Simplify options to CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS and
CYGPORT_TAR_EXT.

https://github.com/cygwin-lem/cygport/commit/5a502cc84b8db0b47eae8b3571d363d106e74160

This will work:

CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS="--owner=foo --group=bar" cygport baz.cygport package

And if you have tar >=1.31, these will also work:

CYGPORT_TAR_EXT=".tar.zst" cygport baz.cygport package

CYGPORT_TAR_OPTS="--owner=foo --group=bar" CYGPORT_TAR_EXT=".tar.zst" cygport baz.cygport package

Regards,

Lem