[ITA] python2-wx and related packages for wxPython and wxwidgets

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Fri Apr 24 11:24:45 GMT 2020

On 23/04/2020 19:52, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> The work to split them out is already published:
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/wxWidgets3.0.git
> https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/?p=git/cygwin-packages/python-wx.git
>
> I suppose I just never needed to actually rebuild python-wx after that,
> but the work was done in preparation.
Makes sense.
> Fair enough.  python-sip will need to be updated for that as well,
> which requires also updating python-pyqt5* in sync therewith, so this
> will need to be coordinated.

Okay, good to know. I did manage to get it to compile eventually, but I
had an issue where it would say "dlopen: no such process" when trying to
import the module. Perhaps using an older version of SIP is responsible
for that.

I have re-build the packages using your new cygport as the starting
point, and it seems to work really well. I made some minor modifications
to include the license files and the new patches from Fedora. The new
files are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/ and I
have removed the previous attempt's files.

Seeing as I have no need to rebuild wxWidgets, I guess that can stay
under your maintainership until an update is needed. I'm happy to pick
it up when needed though, especially with the split packaging making
things easier.

Hamish