[ITP] git-crypt 0.6.0

Fri Aug 9 06:14:00 GMT 2019

On 2019-08-08 22:17, Nick Nauwelaerts wrote:
> git-crypt is a git plugin that transparently handles encryption/decryption
> of files in combination with git. i've used it on and off again when i need
> to place sensitive info on a location that could be public (or as most ppl
> seem to use it: to save dotfiles on github without all your private stuff
> being world readable). i've been using it sporadicly in cygwin for 2 months
> as well without any issues.
>
> as such i made a cygport of it, but i'm not quite clear on how the process
> works to submit it.

See also:

https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html
https://cygwin.com/packaging-hint-files.html
https://cygwin.com/packaging-package-files.html
https://cygwin.com/package-server.html
https://cygwin.com/package-upload.html

but ignore anything that does not jive with cygport doing most of the grunt work
for you:

	$ cygport package.cygport download all test upload announce

but you might want to run the latter two separately after manually installing
and using the packages under Cygwin on your system.

> cygport file & patches are here: https://github.com/inphobia/git-crypt.cygport
>
> cygport file was written by me, windows patches came from the issue tracker,
> a link to the original patch is included as a comment in each patch file.
>
> it completes all cygport steps (compile, package, etc, ...) just fine and the
> resulting package seems to be compliant.
>
> major distro references as requested for new packages:
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/git-crypt
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/git-crypt

You can also check package availability easily on https://pkgs.org/:

	$ cygstart https://pkgs.org/download/git-crypt

shows Alt Linux, Arch Linux, Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, OpenSuSE, Ubuntu.

> license: gpl v3
>
> tested on windows 10 x64 - 1903, cygwin 3.0.7

You also have to build on x86 and provide public links to the package.cygport,
source package-ver-1-src.tar.xz, x86 and x86_64 binary package-ver-1.hint,
package-ver-1.tar.xz, x86 and x86_64 debuginfo package-debuginfo-ver-1.hint and
package-debuginfo-ver-1.tar.xz files, from the build package-ver-1.arch/dist
subdirectories.