Moving on from Cygwin

Thu Jun 28 12:16:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-06-27 17:24, David Stacey wrote:
> On 27/06/18 23:09, SPC wrote:
>> I have reviewed the list of packages maintained by David so far. I have
>> identified three packages of simple maintenance at least in appearance:
>> - words
> All of these are effectively dead upstream:
> - 'words' is a dictionary from the Moby project. This doesn't exist anymore, and
> so the source file is pulled from a 2006 mirror on the Wayback Machine! I
> include a couple of patches from Fedora to correct some misspelled words and add
> the names of US presidents.

Documented by the author at:
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moby_Project
which says mirrored at:
	http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/results?title=moby+list
in etexts 3201-6.

The Moby word list is also part of the Cygwin scowl package from
	http://wordlist.aspell.net/
	https://github.com/en-wl/wordlist