[ITA] rsh-0.17-3

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Jul 16 09:03:00 GMT 2018

Takashi Yano writes:
> I agree rlogin/rsh/rexec are outdated. However, most major Linux
> and BSD distributions still provide them as a package.
>
> Should not Cygwin follow these as well?

Even on the UN*X side the r-tools have been deprecated for so long it
doesn't really make sense to use them anymore.  The only sane way to use
them is in fully isolated networks and I haven't seen any of those in
decades.  With Cygwin running on top of Windows there is ahole other set
of issues to deal with and that makes it even more inappropriate to even
offer those tools.  IMHO, deferring to the security lead for Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.