setup 2.885 release candidate - please test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jan 30 20:19:00 GMT 2018

On 30/01/2018 18:49, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>>> - Add support for 'depends2: package (relation version) [...]', in a
>>> version section in setup.ini
>>
>> Those lines don't seem to get generated for all packages yet.  I
>> currently merge with requires: to produce a working setup.ini re-write
>> and will switch to using requires: when I find no depends2:.  Can I
>> assume that all versions have a depends2: line when I find one for
>> [curr]?
>
> …and of course these are a result of the latest officially available
> calm version not having those changes, so my local packages are still
> using requires: lines.  Any chance you could relese a new calm version?

Sure. I uploaded calm-20180130-1.

I really need to automate that as part of the deploy :)

> Other than that I think I've fixed up my setup rewriter so it can deal
> with the new format correctly now and I've even managed to implement
> explicit version pinning (which I had on TODO for almost three years,
> but since before I've only had test, curr and prev for testing I've put
> it up each time I looked at it).
>
> Another thing I noticed today is that when packages get upgraded the
> transaction list that gets printed to the console seems to always show
> the removal of the old package _after_ the installation of the new
> version.  I guess that will not happen in this order, but it looks
> positively weird on screen.

Yeah, I think we are reversing the order given by the solver.  This
should be benign, as we do all the uninstalls before installs.

I'll fix that :)