[Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1

Achim Gratz Stromeko@Nexgo.DE
Sat Sep 30 08:52:00 GMT 2017

Am 29.09.2017 um 20:06 schrieb Yaakov Selkowitz:
> On 2017-09-26 11:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Aside from the obvious perl-* distribution packages, I've checked for
>> perl content in other packages and found these:
[...]
> For future reference, there are more.

They were mostly subsumed in the above sentence.  That these perl-*
packages are captured inside other packages instead of free-stannding
like other CPAN modules isn't making a difference to me.

> The following are mine and are
> ready for upload:
>
> gnumeric

This is using Perl in a plugin, so it never touches the "official" Perl
directories.  I don't know how to check for uses of the perl DLL in
package search, so I just looked for installations into the vendor
library directories.

> hexchat

ditto

> openbabel

I don't find that even now that you said it... embedded perl?

> rxvt-unicode

Now that you mention it, I seem to remmeber it has an embedded perl
interpreter.

> vim

Can't find it, embedded?

> zbar

ditto

> And the following which belong to others:
>
> openldap

Can't find it.

> texinfo

Installs under /usr/share/texinfo and seems to use captive Perl
distributions, maybe we should change that (i.e. move perl-libintl-perl,
perl-Text-Unidecode etc. to their own CPAN derived package).

> weechat

Plugin/embedded.

> znc

ditto

We seem to have more packages using embedded perl or plugins than I thought.

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)