setup with experimental libsolv-based dependency solving

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Oct 27 18:57:00 GMT 2017

On 10/25/2017 3:18 PM, Jon Turney wrote:

> This has a lot of internal changes, so could use some wider testing.
> Please test.

I've just discovered a serious bug.  When installing from a local
directory that either doesn't exist or isn't a valid repository, setup
doesn't correctly read/write the installed file database
(/etc/setup/installed.db).

Until we get this fixed, please backup installed.db before running setup
(or just don't proceed with the installation if setup doesn't correctly
show your installed packages).

Ken