[Attn. Maintainers] Perl 5.26.1

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Oct 3 06:35:00 GMT 2017

Ken Brown writes:
>> I need to have a look on what the main GNU/Linux distributions are doing
>> with this.
>
> It's the same on Debian:
>
>   https://packages.debian.org/stretch/amd64/texinfo/filelist
>
> I haven't checked any other.

Looks like SuSE splits into texinfo / makeinfo /info paclages, but
otherwise seems to handle these the same.  It does split out
perl-text-Unidecode and externalizes it in the configury, though.

>> WOuld it be possible to cleanly excise those as dependent
>> packages?
>
> I could certainly do that, but I wouldn't want to unless there's a
> GNU/Linux model to follow.  I don't think Cygwin should use special
> packaging that no one else uses.

Certainly not, I am still a bit surprised at that way of installing
things, though.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: