[ITP] FUSE 2.8

Bill Zissimopoulos billziss@navimatics.com
Thu Aug 25 08:58:00 GMT 2016

On 8/22/16, 12:43 PM, cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com on behalf of Mark
Geisert wrote:

>>>I was planning to make sure the package Bill supplied met all the
>>> requirements for a Cygwin package.  I figure it's real close but there
>>>was
>>> something I wasn't sure about and needed to research further, then
>>>real life
>>> intervened.  Something to do with where its cygport file was getting
>>>package
>>> source from.
>>
>> Directly from git?  See, e.g., the cygwin package's cygport.
>
>OK.  The cygfuse.cygport file is referring to Bill's separate GitHub
>space
>for source code.  Not sure it ought to do that.  Either my GitHub space
>(as I'm the Cygwin cygfuse maintainer) or Cygwin's GitHub space seems
>better.

Regarding SRC_URI I needed to solve two problems: how to build the cygfuse
package given only the cygport source (which is what most other cygports
seem to do) and how to build the cygfuse package directly from its own
source tree for my own development purposes.

This is the reason for the CYGPORT_SRC_URI and CYGPORT_SRC_DIR vars. The
Makefile sets CYGPORT_SRC_URI/CYGPORT_SRC_DIR in such a way that
everything can be compiled locally. In normal usage CYGPORT_SRC_URI is not
set, so the source is picked up from github.

The reason that the default location is
"github.com/billziss-gh/cygfuse/..." is that at the time I was maintaining
the project. It should be changed to “github.com/mgeisert/cygfuse/..." now
of course.

Bill