Unicode-Normalize [Re: perl-5.22.0-RC2 / Perl distributions]

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Oct 27 19:51:00 GMT 2015

On 10/20/2015 3:31 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Ken Brown writes:
>> On 5/25/2015 2:45 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> It doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near
>> future. According to the bug report I cited, Biber runs slower by a
>> factor of 20 with version 1.18 of Unicode::Normalize than with version
>> 1.17.  I don't think that's acceptable.
>
> It turns out that the deprecation that triggered the XS removal was
> apparently a misunderstanding and that the XS part of the module will be
> resurrected with the next release of the distribution.

A new version of Biber has just been released, and I'll be updating
soon, probably some time next week.  I've confirmed that it works fine
with version 1.23 of Unicode::Normalize, so feel free to update the
latter whenever you're ready.

Thanks for holding off until the issue got resolved.

Ken