Python not reading result from bash command

Aaron Schneider notstop2@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 23 09:26:00 GMT 2015

> Subject: Re: Python not reading result from bash command
>
> what is adb ?
>
> I suspect it is mainly pty communication (or lack of) between
> cygwin and not cygwin programs.
> See
> https://github.com/mintty/mintty/issues/56

adb is the Android Debugging Bridge. It's a command to communicate with any android smartphone and execute commands inside or get a results (kind of chroot+remote shell). So I'm trying to get the date of the device with that adb command and operate with it. I've checked the same exact bash command on Windows Powershell (%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe) and works perfectly the way I want it. Looks like the windows poweshell has some kind of bash+tools inside which are very powerful (much more than command.com which is the msdos tool and doesn't allow the bash syntax.

I'll report the issue to MinTTY and see if they can look further into the issue.