Fwd: upset messages

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Sun May 17 15:04:00 GMT 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-17 at 10:52 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> It seems something went wrong on my upload on the 32bit area.
>
> upset: *** /var/ftp/pub/cygwin/x86/setup.ini: warning - package
> singular-help-3.1.6-2 refers to nonexistent external-source: singular

Right after I sent my last email, I noticed this error as well and
realized that the singular-base -src packages had to be renamed.  I took
care of that as well and requeued your singular packages for upload.

> while
> /sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub/cygwin/x86/release/singular
> says I don't have them
>
> ls -1 *.bz2
> singular-3.1.3-1-src.tar.bz2
> singular-3.1.6-2-src.tar.bz2

Remember that packages are *.tar.xz nowadays, but in any case everything
looks right now.

> I always thought /sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub/cygwin/x86/release/singular
> was the base for https://cygwin.com/packages/x86/singular/
> info.

The /sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub/cygwin/ directory
(aka /var/ftp/pub/cygwin due to symlinks) are the basis of our package
FTP/rsync area.  The package list pages are generated by upset into the
HTTP space.

--
Yaakov