Other repos to git? WAS Newlib/Cygwin now under GIT

Wed Mar 11 20:59:00 GMT 2015

On Mar 11 21:39, Frank Fesevur wrote:
> > Are you happy with github?  If so, there's no reason to duplicate
> > the repo on sourceware.  We can just make the crusty CVS repo R/O.
> >
> > Or, if you rather switch to sourceware, I can mirror your github
> > repo and then we simply define the sourceware repo as master repo.
> > You have an account on sourceware anyway, afaics.
>
> I'm very happy with github.
>
> It is just that when I took over the package from you, you preferred
> the repo on sourceware.
> https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-05/msg00311.html
>
> So if you don't mind, it fine to me to keep the new repo on github.

Oh, that.  That was back in 2013, when I was still young.  And I was
absolutely hating git.  These days, older <joke>and wiser</joke>,
I don't care as much.  And I'm only hating git just a bit.

Ultimately, you're the maintainer now, so it's your choice.  No
worries, as long as you keep up maintaining it :)

Thanks,

Red Hat