missing 64bit ports

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:39:00 GMT 2015

> On Jul 15 16:12, Ken Brown wrote:
>> On 7/15/2015 2:28 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On Jul 15 16:24, Marco Atzeri wrote:

>>> Thanks for looking into this.
>>>
>>> Two points:
>>>
>>> - Shall we remove all 32b-bit only orphaned packages for which we don't
>>>    get a maintainer until, say, end of August?
>>
>> That seems reasonable, as long as there are exceptions for packages where
>> the lack of a 64-bit package is due to genuine porting difficulties.
>> libsigsegv was in that category until yesterday.  Another one I'm aware of
>> is ffcall.
>
> I understand, but they are unmaintained.  So, who's going to check
> if they are buildable as 64 bit packages?

I will look on them, just to complete the effort ;-)

But IMHO some should be killed anyway

aewm++ ccdoc cramfs mtd ioperm xgraph xsri xview rxvt

as they are well dead upstream, and eventually also

nfrotz scsh wtf logiweb

for the same reason.
These have surely porting issue

ffcall flexdll xwinwm

like xemacs and pdftk so they belong to a different category

> Corinna

Regards
Marco