[HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Thu Jan 15 17:50:00 GMT 2015

On Wed, 14 Jan 2015, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 15:13:44 +0100
> From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>
> To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
> Cc: Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>,
>     Kostya Altukhov <kacygwinlist@gmail.com>,
>     Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org>,
>     Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com>,
>     Marco Atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com>,
>     Dr. Volker Zell <dr.volker.zell@oracle.com>,
>     David Rothenberger <daveroth@acm.org>, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at>
> Subject: [HEADSUP] Dropping libopenssl098 from distro
>
> Hi folks,
>
> it's really *really* overdue to remove the OpenSSL 0.98 DLLs from
> the 32 bit distro.  Fortunately they were never in the 64 bit distro.
>
> The problem is that we still have packages requiring libopenssl098.
> These need rebuilding or removing.
>
> The following packages need simple rebuilding:
>
>  suite3270	Peter A. Castro

I'm looking into this.  Actually, I need to upgrade the packages to newer
versions so will get that done too.

--
--=> Peter A. Castro
Email: doctor at fruitbat dot org / Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com