[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mscgen-0.20-2

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Thu Feb 26 19:41:00 GMT 2015

Am 26.02.2015 um 12:58 schrieb Thomas Wolff:
> On 25.02.2015 21:34, David Stacey wrote:

>>> Please rebuild the package with
>>>         configure --with-freetype
>>> so the font selection option -F can be used.
>>
>> I tried rebuilding with '--with-freetype'. mscgen builds but always
>> exits with an error code. This is because gdImageStringFT() always
>> returns the string 'Could not set character size'. By default, the
>> code is trying to use the 'helvetica' font. I have a goodly selection
>> of font packages installed. Any ideas?
> I had similar problems until I found out how to configure fonts. This
> is very poorly documented.
> With /etc/fonts/fonts.conf pointing to ~/.fonts, it is actually
> sufficient to link your font directory to ~/.fonts
> and you can address all fonts contained therein (including subfolders)
> by their name like in
> mscgen -T png -F "Droid Sans"
and with
         fc-list ":*" family style
you can list all available fonts with the name and style properties that
work in mscgen -F, where only one of multiple style names shall be used:
         mscgen -T png -F "Comic Sans MS:style=Fett"

A patch to include these hints in the manual page would be good, the
upstream project does not seem to be active.
------
Thomas