[ITP] Regina-REXX-3.8-1

Mark Hessling mark@rexx.org
Tue Jun 17 13:02:00 GMT 2014

On 17/06/14 22:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jun 17 21:50, Mark Hessling wrote:
>> Hi Corrina,
> s/rrin/rinn/
Oops, sorry; it's late here!

Will follow your advice below and build new packages in the next few days.

Cheers, Mark
>> Thanks for reviewing the proposal. Comments inline.
>>
>> Cheers, Mark
>>
>> On 17/06/14 18:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Hi Mark,

>>> Thanks for providing this package.  I had a look and I have a few nits:
>>>
>>> - The DLLs in /usr/bin are not following the naming convention for
>>>    Cygwin DLLs.  They should start with the "cyg" prefix.
>> Will fix.
>>> - The files /usr/bin/rxtest1.dll and /usr/bin/rxtest2.dll look like
>>>    stray files, which are not supposed to be distributed.  They are
>>>    not present in the Debian distro.
>> They are test extensions that go with the dynfunc.rexx demo program.  I can
>> remove them and the associated demo program.
>>> - The Debian package is split into three subpackages, regina-rexx,
>>>    libregina3, and libregina-dev.  Apart from the fact that the devel
>>>    package in Cygwin should be called libregina-devel, this layout
>>>    seems to make a lot of sense.  Wouldn't it be better to do this
>>>    for the Cygwin package as well?
>> I was trying to make things simple for my first Cygwin package :-)
> It's not very complicated to define subpackages in the cygport file, in
> fact.  You just define the names of the packages in the variable
> PKG_NAMES, and then you can define the per-package information like
> this:
>
>    PKG_NAMES="foo bar"
>
>    foo_CATEGORY="..."	# categories of package foo
>    foo_CONTENTS="..."	# list of files for package foo (glob pattern!)
>    foo_SUMMARY="..."	# Summary for package foo
>    foo_DESCRIPTION="..." # Description for package foo
>
>    bar_CATEGORY="..."	# categories of package bar
>    bar_CONTENTS="..."	# list of files for package bar (glob pattern!)
>    bar_SUMMARY="..."	# Summary for package bar
>    bar_DESCRIPTION="..." # Description for package bar
>
> You just have to make sure to catch all installed files in the CONTENTS
> variables.  Files which get installed but are supposed to be not packed
> can be removed in the src_install stage.
>
>>> - The package-specific directories are called "Regina-REXX", while on
>>>    debian they are lowercase only, "regina-rexx".  It's very much a
>>>    matter of taste, but it might be nice to do this for Cygwin as well.
>> The Regina-REXX name was based on the RPM packaging name that was a hangover
>> from older RedHat and Fedora releases.
>> I'll split the build into separate packages as for Debian and follow
>> Debian's all lowercase naming as well.
> Just take the path you like better.  As I said, it's just a matter
> of taste anyway.
>

> Thanks,
> Corinna

* Mark Hessling, mark@rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.
* Maintainer of Regina Rexx interpreter
* Use Rexx? join the Rexx Language Association: http://www.rexxla.org/