[ITP] AtomicParsley

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 19:06:00 GMT 2014

AtomicParsley is a utility for reading and writing metadata tags on MP4
files. It is found in many Linux distros, including Fedora [1].

# 32-bit:
BASEURL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119453582/Cygwin/32bit/release
wget --no-check-certificate --no-host-directories --force-directories
--cut-dirs=5 \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-0.9.6-1-src.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-0.9.6-1.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-debuginfo/AtomicParsley-debuginfo-0.9.6-1.tar.xz
\
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-debuginfo/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/setup.hint

# 64-bit:
BASEURL=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119453582/Cygwin/64bit/release
wget --no-check-certificate --no-host-directories --force-directories
--cut-dirs=5 \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-0.9.6-1-src.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-0.9.6-1.tar.xz \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-debuginfo/AtomicParsley-debuginfo-0.9.6-1.tar.xz
\
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/AtomicParsley-debuginfo/setup.hint \
${BASEURL}/AtomicParsley/setup.hint

The package name has been capitalised to reflect the name of the
executable and to mirror the Fedora package name. Debian and Ubuntu both
use the lowercase 'atomicparsley' for the package name, but keep the
executable as 'AtomicParsley'. Personally, I prefer the Fedora
convention, but I'm happy to change this if there's precedent elsewhere.

I couldn't decide on which category to use in the 'setup.ini' file -
'Utils' seemed a bit broad, so I settled on 'Audio'. I'm not entirely
convinced it fits in that category either, so I'll gladly change the
category if anyone has a strong opinion.

Finally, I've been asked in the past to provide man pages for
executables in my packages. AtomicParsley doesn't come with a man page,
so I've generated one using help2man(1). I'm tempted to drop the man
page though - even the Debian build comes without a man page these days [2].

Cheers,

Dave.

[1] http://pkgs.org/search/AtomicParsley
[2] https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/i386/atomicparsley/filelist