[ITA] p7zip

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Jul 26 16:44:00 GMT 2014

On 26/07/2014 09:00, Tony Kelman wrote:
> I noticed that all of Chuck Wilson's packages are now listed as
> orphaned. I'm particularly interested in getting one of them, p7zip,
> uploaded to the 64-bit distribution. I sent a few messages to the main
> list in March discussing what I needed to change in order to get the
> existing cygport to build in 64 bit Cygwin. I'm willing to adopt the
> package, if someone can guide me through the rest of the process.
>
> Let me know if I'm doing this right. Package files are uploaded here:
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1.tar.xz
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1-src.tar.xz
>
> https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/setup.hint
>

> I put the source up in a GitHub repository so you can see the two small
> tweaks I had to make:
> https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-p7zip/commits/master
> One required repackaging the upstream source tarball to fix line endings
> on a man file (so a patch would apply correctly),

Thanks for doing this.

Rather than changing the upstream source tarball, you can add something
like:

CYGPORT_USE_UNSTABLE_API=1
src_unpack_hook() {
        dos2unix man1/7zr.1
}

> the other was to
> switch to a different makefile fragment to use a C version of a CRC
> routine instead of an architecture-dependent assembly version. There's a
> 64 bit assembly version of the same routine included in the source, but
> I could never get it to work reliably. I reported the problem upstream
> and never got a response:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/p7zip/support-requests/6/#2150
>
> Let me know if any comments or anything else I need to do.

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/p7zip.README is still about 9.20.1-1.  Since this
file is no longer mandatory, you may remove it rather than updating it.

Otherwise, GTG.