[ITP] onc-rpc-devel-2_19_20140211-1

Wed Feb 12 17:04:00 GMT 2014

On 2/12/2014 7:45 AM, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>   This is me again, and this is my promised RPC package. Folder URL:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s95jz1ql5xs8yx7/8mhUDlI_Kg
>   I have updated the whole thing using recent source code. Translations
> included. I hope you'll like the result.
>   One small question: how to specify in setup.hint that this package replaces
> old rpcgen and sunrpc ?

Actually, you don't do that in your setup.hint. Instead, the
maintainer(s) of the old rpcgen and sunrpc packages publish new (empty)
versions of them, and in the new setup.hints for those, mark them as
follows:

requires: one-rpc-devel
category: _obsolete

Give me a day or two to validate your package, and create the new
versions of the old packages, and then we'll coordinate a simultaneous
upload.

--
Chuck