[ITP] onc-rpc-headers-20140129-1

Fri Feb 7 16:31:00 GMT 2014

On 2/6/2014 12:46 AM, Pavel Fedin wrote:
>> I'd be happy to hand off rpcgen. All it would take is a coordinated
>> upload, once Pavel's combined package is ready.
>
> Good. I think we can safely experiment on x86-64 version. On i386
> this new  package would conflict with old sunrpc, however sunrpc
 > contains portmapper which is vital for NFS server functioning.
> Replacing of sunrpc requires to port rpcbind, as well as adding
> some patches to current NFS server.

Yes, this is where I got stuck "before", when I tried to modernize the
RPC & NFS packages.  We need to port rpcbind to cygwin, then modify the
nfs server.  I have a partial port of rpcbind...it compiles (or did),
but doesn't run.

However, I haven't tried again in years, and cygwin has changed quite a
bit...so you may have more luck now, than I did then.

--
Chuck