[ITP] libsuexec 1.0

Mon Aug 18 12:22:00 GMT 2014

Hi Daniel,

On Aug 17 21:22, D. Boland wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Thanks for all the critiques and suggestions regarding this new
> library. I have made changes accordingly.
>
> * The term 'capabilities' has been removed from the hints file, since
> that is not what the library is about or for.
>
> * Also the term 'multi-root' has been removed from the hints file. I
> think the new description in the hints file now accurately covers what
> the library does.
>
> * Not all functions in the library were declared. They are now.
>
> * I added a readme file.
>
> * I removed the dynamic library. This library will be static only.
>
> * I put the license under the 'Open Source Definition' license and
> added a reference to the complete license text.

Uh, that's a bit of a problem.

The text under http://opensource.org/docs/osd/ does *not* constitute a
license by itself.  It just describes what a license has to define to
become an OSS license.  For blessed OSS licenses, see
http://opensource.org/licenses/.  For a simple lib like this I'd suggest
http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause or
http://opensource.org/licenses/LGPL-3.0

> http://cygwin.boland.nl/x86/release/libsuexec/

A LICENSE file parallel to usr/share/doc/README containing the license
text would be nice.

Other than that licensing issue, the package is GTG.

Thanks,

Red Hat