[ITP] onc-rpc-devel-2.19_20140211-1

Wed Aug 13 19:16:00 GMT 2014

On Aug 13 22:50, Pavel Fedin wrote:
> Hello, Corinna.
>
> Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 12:19:06 you wrote:
>
> > you could ease the job by renaming the cygport file to the package name
> > only:
>
> >   onc-rpc-devel.cygport
>
> > and adding the complete information, including the info for the
> > setup.hint file (which is missing, btw) to the start of the cygport
> > file:
>
> [skip]
>
> > The setup.hint file will get auto-generated then, you don't have to
> > maintain it outside the cygport file.
>
>  Very nice. I like this idea much more.
>
> > I'm also a bit puzzled about the onc_rpc_download function.
>
> > There's SVN support inside of cygport, see the "inherit svn" chapter in
> > /usr/share/doc/cygport/manual.html.  In theory you should be able to
> > support the default
>
> >   cygport onc-rpc-devel.cygport download
>
>  I  have  inherited  this function from old rpcgen package. I'm also a
> bit incomfortable with this, but if you take a closer look, it doesn't
> just  download  the  SVN tree. It downloads two trees (main source and
> manual  pages) and extracts parts from them. It is possible to do this
> using 'inherit svn' method ?

You can checkout multiple packages with SVN_URI.  I'm not aware of
a method to delete bits of the repo after download though.  You also
might having to tweak your paths a bit.

> > What's missing is a plan how to go forward for 32 bit now.  Would you be
> > willing to take over the orphaned sunrpc package and put it into it's
> > deserved shallow grave, replacing it with the onc rpc packages as
> > required?
>
>  Actually,  this  was,  and still is, my long-term plan. But, all this
> stuff  is  actually  needed  for  NFS  server  to  work.  In  order to
> transplant  it to new TI-RPC, portmap has to be replaced with rpcbind.
> So  this  will  be  my  next  package.  Also,  NFS server by itself is
> outdated,  not  maintained  any  more,  and supports only v2 protocol.
> I  have  found a better replacement at sourceforge, but haven't tested
> it yet.
>  I want to set up all three things, then at once replace the whole NFS
> stack on 32 bits. It is technically possible to make 32-bit version of
> onc-rpc right now, but it will break NFS dependencies.

Sounds fantastic to me.

> >>  This is also a second attempt to post this message. Can anybody check
> >> the SMTP server at sourceware.org ? It tends to reject my messages as
> >> spam.
>
> > HTML?
>
>  Should not be, i always use plain text.
>  By  the  way, has anybody seen my SSH key yet ? I have posted it, and
> looks like it even bounced back from the list, but got no single reply.

The spam filter also blocks raw mail addresses, albeit not reliably, it
seems.  You should remove the `mailto:' entry from your sig (or use
something like `pavel_fedin AT mail DOT ru' instead) and try again.

Red Hat