Base Cygwin now requires Python?

Thu May 16 22:59:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 07:39:59PM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>On 16 May 2013 07:41, Steven Penny wrote:
>> Because of this dependency line
>>
>> mintty
>>  cygutils
>
>Hmm, mintty doesn't depend on cygutils anymore since setup.exe creates
>the "Cygwin Terminal" shortcut for it, and its setup.hint reflects
>that. Yet setup.ini does indeed contain the following line for mintty:
>
>requires: bash cygutils cygwin
>
>Is the problem that the setup.hint doesn't contain a 'requires:' line
>at all (since mintty has no dependencies apart from the implicit
>'cygwin')? Does upset keep previous dependencies in that case?

What??? No!  Of course it doesn't!  What a daft notion!

Oh.  Actually, now that I think of it, the way upset is run, it's the
union of an existing setup.ini and setup.hint.  So, if there is no
requires: line it would get pulled from setup.ini.

I've taken the liberty of adding a "requires:" line to mintty's setup.hint.
I'll have to think about whether the way I'm running upset now makes sense.
It probably doesn't.

Sorry for contributing to the confusion.

cgf