[64bit] perl-XML-SAX doesn't build from source

Thu Jun 6 22:35:00 GMT 2013

On 2013-06-06 06:25, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 6/6/2013 12:48 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>> Hmm, didn't see that, but I may have already installed it manually
>> during the bootstrap.  Based on the error message, the problem is that
>> the in-tree copy is not added to the search path during that command,
>> and it probably should be; this should be raised upstream.
>
> I just took a look at the Makefile, and here's the command that's failing:
>
> @$(PERL) -MXML::SAX -e "XML::SAX->add_parser(q(XML::SAX::PurePerl))->save_parsers()"
>
> This looks to me like a postinstall operation.  Should perl-XML-SAX have
> a postinstall script to run this?

With that hint, I read the XML::SAX documentation, and it seems you are
correct:  all XML::SAX parser drivers need postinstall and preremove
commands to handle registration of the driver in XML::SAX's
ParserDetails.ini file.  I have added a function to cygport git to
handle this, rebuilt perl-XML-SAX accordingly, and built perl-XML-LibXML
to provide a more robust driver; look for these in the next 64bit upload.

Yaakov