remaining missing packages in 64-bit release

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 14 06:24:00 GMT 2013

On 14/07/13 06:40, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2013-07-13 21:38, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 09:44:40PM -0400, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>>> There are of course other packages that could be called missing because
>>> they haven't been ported to x86_64 yet, and other packages that
>>> depend on
>>> them can't be released until they are.
>>
>> Ah, good point.  I'll check tomorrow and make a more comprehensive list.
>
> Attached.

This list might not be complete - for instance 'clang' (and its
sub-packages) are missing from 64-bit Cygwin, and they are also not in
Yaakov's list. (I tried generating my own list, but my simple bash
script didn't knock out obsolete packages and hence generated a lot of
noise).

The converse is also true - there are packages in 64-bit-land that don't
have a 32-bit equivalent - examples include hostname, libmhash2 and
libturbojpeg. I've attached this list - we can ignore any package
starting 'cygwin32', but everything else deserves some attention.

Cheers,

Dave.