[RFU] mksh-46-1

Fri Jul 12 07:56:00 GMT 2013

On Jul 11 17:46, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> >> Sure, I'll give it a spin.  I've been hesitant to produce any 64-bit
> >> versions of any of the packages that I maintain because I have no way
> >> of validating them.  I can create a virtual 64-bit machine on my
> >> 32-bit development laptop but I don't have a 64-bit OS to install.
> >
> > I'm not sure if that works.  I was under the impression that you need
> > a 64 bit OS to install a 64 bit VM, but if I'm wrong, just grab
> > 64 bit Windows 2012 for 180 days of evaluation period from Microsoft:
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/hh708764.aspx
> >
> > Or Windows 8 for 90 days of evaluation:
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx
>
> I've got the 64-bit version of mksh built and packaged but
> unfortunately I'm not having much luck getting the virtual 64-bit Win8
> to run.  I had it working previously on this laptop using VirtualBox
> running XP but the IT department at work has since re-imaged the
> laptop with Win7 and now the virtual Win8 install is hanging.

Uh, too bad.  Do you have a Linux box laying around somewhere?  The
W8/2012 ISOs can be installed and run fine under Qemu/KVM, too.

> If
> someone is brave enough to give the 64-bit version a spin I'll gladly
> provide a link.

Sure, go ahead!  As you might know, Yaakov already provided a 64 bit
mksh 44, so there seem to be not much of a problem.

I'm not an mksh user, but if it runs and shows a prompt, it's
sufficent I guess ;)

Red Hat