new 64 bit w32api packages

JonY 10walls@gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 22:50:00 GMT 2013

On 4/6/2013 00:31, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  6 00:26, JonY wrote:
>> On 4/5/2013 20:00, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> I just uploaded new 64 bit w32api-headers and w32api-runtime packages
>>> along the lines of JonY's 32 bit packages, but with new cygport
>>> description files which allow building and installing the stuff with
>>> the 64 bit Cygwin compiler as well.  I have just applied a patch to
>>> the mingw-w64 upstream repo, which was necessary to get this running
>>> on 64 bit.  This should fix the broken dependencies when installing
>>> the 64 bit gcc.  The w32api package I created before is now obsoleted.
>>>

>> The cross compilers? I was about to make a new gcc release with
>> winpthreads/openMP this weekend, can I still go forwards with it?
>
> I don't understand the question.  Can you elaborate a bit?

I was planning to use winpthreads instead of pthreadGC2.dll for the
{i686,x86_64}-w64-mingw32 cross compilers, the pthread API is supposed
to be compatible but ABI is different. Is that still OK to go forwards
with? libgomp openMP in gcc particularly uses it.

Originally, I was waiting for gcc 4.7.x in 32bit cygwin to be released
before breaking ABI, but 64bit cygwin still does not have a big user
base so changing ABI is going to be less disruptive there.