upload protocol

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 17:47:00 GMT 2012

On 10/10/12 10:31, Warren Young wrote:
> As it happens, I think this sort of gun-jumping happened with the
> Doxygen 1.8.0-1 packages.  I gave a GTG with reservations to the ITP,
> several days ago.  David said in the thread he was off working on
> addressing some of those reservations, but then yesterday Corinna
> uploaded from the ITP message.
>
> I'm not regretting my GTG.  I thought the packages were at least no
> worse than my 1.7.4-1 packages that David's packages replace. But, I
> think David was expecting a second chance before sending the RFU.

Yes, I was a little surprised when my doxygen package was uploaded! I
had made the changes that Warren suggested, and I sent another [ITP]
message last Thursday (4 Oct 2012):
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-10/msg00021.html

As a newbie, I didn't know whether to wait for more comments, or to
submit a [RFU] (as I'd been given a GTG) - maybe someone would be kind
enough to clarify this. But before either could happen, the package got
uploaded anyway! But to repeat: the package that was uploaded included
the suggestions that Warren made.

Cheers,

Dave.