[ITP] yasm -- a complete rewrite of the NASM assembler

David Stacey drstacey@tiscali.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 18:42:00 GMT 2012

On 08/10/12 10:23, Jari Aalto wrote:
> On 2012-10-07 22:01, David Stacey wrote:
> |
> | yasm...
>
> Builds ok, GTG. It would be nice to also to have manual pages[*] for
> all binaries. These don't have one:
>
>          usr/bin/vsyasm.exe
>          usr/bin/ytasm.exe
>
> Jari
>
> [*] FYI Debian includes manual pages for those and they are freely
> dstributable. http://packages.debian.org/unstable/yasm

Thank you for your comments, Jari. Indeed, Debian has a man page for
ytasm (but not vsyasm). Said man page is written by the Debian package
maintainer and patched in during the Debian build process. The man page
is extremely minimalistic, just giving a single sentence description of
the package and then pointing the reader at the main 'yasm' man page. It
doesn't even fill the screen on an 80x25 character display :-)

Maybe the best way to incorporate this man page is to contact the Debian
package maintainer directly and see if he would submit it to the yasm
developers. Then all distributions of yasm would benefit.

If you feel strongly about this then let me know and I'll contact the
Debian package maintainer privately and ask about him submitting his man
page. However, IMHO the man page is so trivial it's not worth losing
sleep over.

Thanks again for looking at my package,

Dave.