cygport: Adding arbitrary files to the src package

Mon May 7 14:43:00 GMT 2012

On 2012-05-07 05:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> assuming I'd like to add some arbitrary files to the source package, so
> that the -src package looks like this:
>
>    foo-3.4.5.tar.bz2
>    foo-3.4.5-1.cygport
>    foo-3.4.5-1.cygwin.patch
>    foo-3.4.5-1.src.patch
>    arbitrary-file-1
>    arbitrary-file-2
>
> The idea here is that the files are neither part of the sources, nor do
> I want the files to be part of the patches since they aren't patches.
> They are just some files which should show up in the source package for
> some dubious reason of my own.

If they are not compressed files, you can add them to SRC_URI and they
will be copied into $S during unpack.  If you need them elsewhere, and
they are text, copy them into $S after unpacking and they should end up
in your .src.patch, which you can rename and add to PATCH_URI for future
use.  (Just include a patch to some existing file in order to "anchor"
the patch.)

As always, if you could specify the actual package and .cygport you are
trying to build, I may be able to find other solutions.

Yaakov