cygport: Adding arbitrary files to the src package

marco atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:57:00 GMT 2012

> Hi Marko,

> The problem is, the file is generated during the build.  Nevertheless
> it's not supposed to be part of the binary package but part of the
> source package.  As far as I can see, if I add it to SRC_URI or
> PATCH_URI, cygport will try to unpack or apply it as patch during the
> prep stage, but the file won't exist at the time...

Hi Corinna,
I am not sure to have understood your case: a version of the file should
be available before the build or not ?

If you need to add the file on the source tree before the build, the
PATCH_URI allow to define a new file, but if you update the file during
the build and you need to save the new file in the new source package
foo-3.4.5-1.src.patch is the right tool, as
the new foo-3.4.1.src.patch in patch and spkg directory will
be different from the original foo-3.4.5-1.src.patch and the new version
will be packed in foo3.4.5-1-src.tar.bz2 .

If the file is not needed before the build why do you need to save it on
the source package ?

> Corinna

I am a bit confused...

Marco