[SECURITY] libpng vulnerabilities

Sat May 5 14:52:00 GMT 2012

On 5/4/2012 8:21 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> I have sent notices of multiple security vulnerabilities in libpng going
> back LAST JULY, with several additions and pings (no pun intended)
> since. Can we *please* see some sign that you are still maintaining
> these packages?

I wanted to roll out the new zlib packages first as libpng depends on
it. I finished those [cygwin-native, and mingw.org-cross] yesterday,
given the new zlib-1.2.7 release on Thu (and have now added the minizip
lib and utilities, via additional optional subpackages). I'll be rolling
out the new zlib on Monday with libpng to follow soon after.

--
Chuck