TeXworks and hunspell

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sun Mar 25 01:48:00 GMT 2012

On 3/24/2012 2:39 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 3/24/2012 11:15 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>> To complete the process of modernizing Cygwin's TeX programs, I am
>> thinking about ITPing TeXworks. I've built it using the .cygport file
>> from Ports. I have two questions for Yaakov.
>>
>> 1. The manual (which is supposed to be available from the Help menu)
>> doesn't get installed. Having never before built a package that uses
>> qmake, I'm not sure how to make this happen. I see in TeXworks.pro the
>> lines
>>
>> manual.files = manual/*
>> manual.path = $$TW_HELPPATH
>>
>> which I would think should take care of this, but it doesn't. Do you
>> know how to fix this?
>
> This must have something to do with cygport, because the manual does get
> installed if I build outside of cygport via qmake-qt4, make, make
> install.

Sorry for the noise.  I just looked more closely at the .cygport file
and saw that it doesn't use make install.  So I guess I just have to
manually copy manual/* into ${D}/usr/share/texworks-help.

Another question is how to make the commands under the Help menu that
want to open a URL work.  Or would this require a KDE desktop?

Ken