[RFC] setup: allow building with i686-w64-mingw32

JonY jon_y@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 1 23:45:00 GMT 2012

On 6/2/2012 02:40, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 2012-06-01 12:08, JonY wrote:
>>> 2) DDK headers can't find other DDK headers which they require.  IMHO
>>> those should be changed from<>  includes to "" includes in
>>> mingw64-headers.
>>
>> You are supposed to use -I/path/to/include/ddk to use the headers, this
>> is one of the differences with mingw.org.
>
> That shouldn't be necessary IMO if I e.g. #include <ddk/ntifs.h>.

No, I meant you are actually supposed to add it to your search path,
sort of like how glib/gtk headers are used with pkg-config. Maybe it's a
good idea to use .pc files.

>>> 3) Once I circumvent those, I get a ton of redefinition and conflicting
>>> declaration errors between winnt.h and ddk/ntddk.h.  Its too long to
>>> list here, so I suggest you give it a try.
>>
>> PSDK should not be used together with the DDK, Kai suggests using
>> winternl.h in place of ntddk.h.
>
> That gets me closer.  I'm going AFK now, but with the attached patch the
> following errors remain:

Some of these errors might be related to ntdef.h use, try removing it.
Some of these declarations are from wdm.h. So:

#include <winternl.h>
#include <wdm.h>

Btw, what's with the __STRING_DEFINED and __UNICODE_STRING_DEFINED defines?