Sun Dec 2 12:57:00 GMT 2012
pv updated from 1.3.4 to 1.3.9, changelog:
- allow --format parameters to be sent with --remote
- configure option --disable-ipc
- added tests for --numeric with --timer and --bytes
- added tests for --remote
- new --pidfile option to save process ID to a file
- integrated patch for --numeric with --timer and --bytes (Sami Liedes)
- removed signalling from --remote to prevent accidental process kills
- new --format option (originally Vladimir Pal / Vladimir Ermakov)
sdesc: "a tool for monitoring the progress of data through a pipe"
ldesc: "Pipe Viewer - is a terminal-based tool for monitoring
the progress of data through a pipeline. It can be inserted
into any normal pipeline between two processes to give a visual
indication of how quickly data is passing through, how long it
has taken, how near to completion it is, and an estimate of how
long it will be until completion.
Additional support is available for multiple instances working
in tandem, to given a visual indicator of relative throughput
in a complex pipeline"
Original developer: http://www.ivarch.com/programs/pv.shtml
Original source code:
More information about the Cygwin-apps