setup.exe and cntlm proxy - setup gets stuck at mirrors.lst

Pawel Jasinski pawel.jasinski@gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 13:48:00 GMT 2012

hi,

sorry for the cross post. I just realized setup.exe should be
discussed here and not in main cygwin mailing list

I have created patch for setup.exe to make it work with cntlm proxy.
Upon investigation I have discovered that, setup.exe does not handle
well the situation when connection is not closed at the end of each
individual file (Keep-Alive) and gets stuck.
If the HTTP response from proxy contains Content-Length, patched
version uses provided length to detect end of file condition.

What are the chances to include it in official setup.exe release?

Cheers,
Pawel