[ITA?] libXaw3d

Dr. Volker Zell dr.volker.zell@oracle.com
Wed Apr 4 17:48:00 GMT 2012

On 02.04.2012 21:50, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> Dr. Volker Zell,
>
> X.Org has taken over maintenance of libXaw3d, cleaned up the code,
> switched from imake to autotools, and is releasing tarballs in the same
> fashion as other X.Org components. Would you like me to take libXaw3d as
> part of the X11R7.7 update, or do you want to continue handling it?
> (xorg.cygclass will do the bulk of the work for you.)

I have no problem with the takeover, but see below.

> Either way, the ABI version has been bumped to 8, so gv, xemacs, and
> xfig will need a rebuild for the new libXaw3d.

The last time I tried updating to Xaw3d-1.5E, xfig linked against that
version core dumped right away as soon as you clicked on some button.
That was the reason I never update from Xaw3d-1.5D to Xaw3d-1.5E in the
distro, although gv and xemacs seem to work fine with Xaw3d-1.5E.

Do you now if that xfig problem has been solved with the X.Org version
of Xaw3d ?

> Yaakov

Ciao
   Volker