[patch/rebase] Fix build problems in imagehelper

Mon Jun 20 16:23:00 GMT 2011

On Jun 20 11:52, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:25:59PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Ok to apply?
>
> I would like to give Chuck a chance to apply the following patch that he
> had already submitted (so it applies cleanly):
>
> * autoconfify rebase and imagehelper
> * make peflagsall and rebaseall set PATH to
>     (dir-of-$0):(configured $bindir):/bin
>   for better relocate-ability.
> * fix a number of warnings related to deprecated cygwin functions;
>   use cygwin_create_path rather than cygwin_conv_, if available. (1)
> * add some fixes/workarounds for MSYS
> * some accommodations to use explicitly 'dash' rather than 'ash',
>   if desired.
> * Add explicit COPYING file for GPLv2.
> * Update build.sh to accommodate MinGW and MSYS, as well as Cygwin.
> * Add getopt_long implementation to workaround broken impl on MSYS
>   (only built if $host=MSYS)
>
> Is that OK?

No worries, I can wait.

Chuck, I would rather use cygwin_conv_path together with a static buffer
instead of cygwin_create_path.  Win32Path is called within the
CreateFile argument list.  The memory allocated in Win32Path is never
free'd...

Also, it would be nice to call CreateFileW rather than CreateFile to
accommodate potential native characters in the pathname.  I already have
a local patch which calls setlocale in rebase to support this.

Red Hat