Problem with simple scripts in Irssi 0.8.15-1

Nisha kitatake@gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 06:23:00 GMT 2011

I am basically writing a simple script which I will detail below this text:

use strict;
use warnings;
use vars qw($VERSION %IRSSI);

$VERSION = '1.00';
%IRSSI = (
    authors         => 'Nisha',
    contact         => 'No contact',
    name            => 'firstscript',
    description     => 'First script for learning',
    license         => 'Copyright implied',
    url             => 'No URL',
    changed         => 'Sun Mar 10 23:18 EET 2002',
);

use Irssi;

sub firstscript {
    Irssi::print ("Test");
}

Irssi::command_bind("
firstscript", "firstscript")

I have perl 5.10.1-5 installed according to cygcheck.

The error I get when running the command defined in the scirpt is:

09:29 -!- Irssi: Test
09:29 Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x104ad7d0, Perl
interpreter: 0x104ad2a0.

I do not recieve this error if I run the script from a channel window
it only occurs if I run it in the status window of the server and it
occurs on any status window. I if I run this command from a channel
window I just get the Test with no Attempt error.

Can anyone help with this issue? Thank you.