setup: gcc-4.5 compatibility

Thu Jul 15 22:13:00 GMT 2010

My test case for the mingw toolchain is, of course, setup.exe.  I have
uploaded test builds of all mingw-* prereqs here:

ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/temp/MinGW/

setup-gcc45.patch contains the changes necessary to compile and link
with mingw-gcc-4.5.  However, the resulting setup.exe promply SEGVs in
RtlInitUnicodeString@8.  The problem is centered around the autoload
code, because if you circumvent autoload and link directly against those
APIs, then the resulting binary works.  This can be demonstrated by
applying setup-no-autoload.patch on top of the first patch, then:

make CPPFLAGS=-DSETUP_NO_AUTOLOAD LIBS='-lmingw32 -lntdll -lwininet'

The reason for the crash is beyond me.  Hopefully this will be enough
for someone to help figure it out.

Yaakov