[RFU 1.7] {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-23.0.92-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri May 15 13:04:00 GMT 2009

On 5/15/2009 12:25 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
> At any rate, I'm rather tired of several YEARS of choosing the
> 'Exp'erimental version of emacs from setup.exe, all because 22.1-3 works
> better for me than the 'Stable' version.  I'm all for whatever you
> provide, and will be grateful for whatever you decide to mark as stable.

And I'll be grateful for any advice from you or the other
developers/maintainers as to when it's appropriate to make 23.0.92-1 the
current version (for cygwin 1.7), assuming nothing goes wrong.
Obviously it needs a few weeks of testing, but I'm not sure how many.

I'd also like some advice as to what to do about cygwin 1.5.  Is it
expected that there will be a lot of people staying with 1.5?  Should I
try to leave them with an up-to-date emacs?  It's pretty easy to do with
cygport.  (Thanks, Yaakov!)

Ken