[RFU 1.7] {emacs,emacs-X11,emacs-el}-23.0.92-1

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu May 14 22:19:00 GMT 2009

On 5/14/2009 5:57 PM, Mark Harig wrote:
> In case you were unaware, Emacs version 23.0.93.1 (pre-release test) has
> been
> available for a few weeks.  It might be worth considering providing both
> 23.0.92
> and 23.0.93 so that you can work out how to maintain two versions:
> "stable" and "unstable"
> (not that .92 is more stable than .93).

Yes, I knew about 23.0.93.  I built it for myself and have been using
it, just to make sure there were no regressions.  If 23.0.92 proves
stable enough to be promoted to current, then I'll think about doing
something like what you suggested.  But let's wait and see what happens
when it gets released and people start using it.  The transition from
21.2 to 23.0 might take some time for people to adapt to.  Emacs 21.2
was released 7 years ago, and there's been quite a bit of development
since then.

Ken